Please, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lidra Ashandra De Coteau. I was born in Brooklyn, NY in January of 1989. From the age of 9, I was raised in Brockton, MA which is about 30-50 minutes from the city of Boston, MA. After my first year in college at Bridgewater State University (2007-2008), I decided to move back to Brooklyn, NY. Here, I took some time off of school to acclimate to the big city. Of course, I kept busy. I worked in coffee shops and at retail stores such as Best Buy, Victoria's Secret and Target. I appreciated these opportunities because they allowed me to explore my passion for people. In 2010, I was on the search for an internship, as required by the curriculum for all BMF majors at CUNY – Brooklyn College. I proudly earned my Bachelors Degree here in May of 2013 with a minor in Urban Entrepreneurship.
Recognized for my adaptability, ambition, personality and potential, the internship that begun in 2010 has lead me to serve as an Assistant Production Manager for one of the strongest and largest labor-management funds in the nation. We service a wide range of benefits to over 400,000 working/retired healthcare industry workers, members of 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East and their families. Fun facts are fun, I happen to share the same birthday with Martin Luther King Jr. and he often called District 1199 his "favorite union." I hold my current title with pride and with sincere appreciation. I am truly blessed to work in an environment that fosters my interests while contributing to the advancement of my technical skills and abilities.
I work for a Fund that cares for those, who care for others and I freelance, providing Resume Assistance to those in need. I also braid hair and I enjoy experimenting with word play and audio tracks. Currently, I'm pursing my Master's Degree in Management.
You'll hear me say:
"Team work makes the dream work"
"Whatever you do, #MakeProgress"
- Employment -
1199SEIU Benefit and Pension Funds (New York, NY.)
Assistant Production Manager – Communications DepartmentApril 2015 to Present
- Assists the Communications Director in managing the printing and distribution of Fund communications pieces, including magazines, newsletters, program brochures, direct mail pieces, targeted letters, flyers, surveys, presentations and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs); trafficking work through each necessary step to ensure a high quality, cost effective and timely production operation
- Manages the work of direct reports to ensure that communications pieces are produced and distributed in an accurate and timely manner Ensuring all forms, letterhead and standard templates meet Funds’ quality and branding standards
- Coordinates print jobs on behalf of the Funds with outside vendors, negotiating required turnaround time for print jobs, and arranging for PDF proofs to be sent for departmental approval for jobs in process
- Ensures final communications pieces meet print and quantity specifications before sending to Director for signoff
- Verifies delivery and confirms receipt of all printed materials
- Education -
Brooklyn College – City University of New York (Brooklyn, NY.)
B.A. Business Management and FinanceMay 2013